Campaign to Hold Big Banks Accountable to Families & Communities
Our economy can and must work for everyone. The measure of our economy cannot rely solely on the stock market ticker or corporate earnings reports. The true measure must start and end with the level of economic opportunity we create for everyone, not just those at the top.
A new bottom line starts with:
- Ending mass foreclosure, and supporting families in their efforts to stay in their homes
- Creating pathways of opportunity for good-paying jobs for the unemployed or underemployed
- Requiring Wall Street banks to contribute fairly to public revenue and lend equitably to small businesses, consumers, and homeowners, rather than gambling in stock and bond markets
- Ending toxic predatory lending that disproportionately targets communities of color
- Investing our dollars in more community-oriented local or regional banks or credit unions
PICO and our allies at The New Bottom Line are waging multiple campaigns to build a new bottom line for families.